You collect your tickets and settle the account, at least a day before departure
* Be at the LARISA railway station at least 45 minutes before the train departure.
* 08.27 - The train departs and through beautiful scenery it travels straight from Athens to Kalampaka.
* +/- 13.40 - Arrive in Kalampaka and meet our English speaking taxi driver outside the railway station.
* 13.45 - Drive to Meteora. Visit up to 3 monasteries, and see old
hermitages and cloisters built in the caves.
CLICK, see the monasteries that are open on your day, and make your own plan. You don't follow others.
* 16.45 - Return to Kalampaka, and find a restaurant for a light meal (not included in the price).
* 17.30 - The train departs from Kalampaka and arrives in Athens at +/- 22.40.
To secure your booking, please, read the terms and conditions
and deposit 30.00 euro per person in ....read more...
Pay 47.00 euro per person,
plus, the money for hiring the taxi, paid in cash to the driver in Kalampaka.
- 1 passenger: Train ticket (B class), 47.00 + 40.00 taxi hire = 87.00 euro, per person
- 2 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 47.00 + 25.00 taxi hire = 72.00 euro, per person
- 3 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 47.00 + 20.00 taxi hire = 67.00 euro, per person
- 4 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 47.00 + 15.00 taxi hire = 62.00 euro, per person
A quick comparison of our private tour of Meteora against the shared bus tour advertised in the travel market is that in our 3.30 hours tour you are completely independent to choose how long you want to spend in every monastery visited, which monasteries to visit, plus you add a couple of extra stops for taking photos, or have a light meal when you feel hungry.
On the shared bus tour you have to follow the leader's itinerary & schedule, in our tour you plan and organize everything.
Click and see all the options to visit Meteora, including our BEST SELLER Meteora and Delphi, by train.
INCLUDED in our price:
- Return B class, train ticket.
Pay 12.00 euro, and upgrade the train ticket to A class (recommended).
- Upon arrival and for 3 hours, visit up to 3 monasteries & places
that a foreigner does not visit.
- Visit hidden beauties & explore the area with a local, English speaking driver.
NOT INCLUDED in the price:
- No professional tour guide service is included. It's you and the taxi driver.
- 3.00 euro per person, being the entrance ticket to each monastery, and
- Your lunch and drinks in the train and while you are in Kalampaka.
and see all the options offered to visit Meteora - guided tours and independent trips.
Last minute bookings are difficult to work out. Plan in advance.