SUGGESTIONS, TERMS & CONDITIONS of making bookings. Please, read carefully.
- Our package prices are per person and include the train tickets (B class) from Athens with return, or
- paying 12.00 euro p.p. will upgrade your ticket both ways, to one of the 22 FIRST CLASS seats. (Recommended). Only twenty two seats
- SEND US your booking request first, and wait for our reply that the trip can be done. DO NOT PAY any money before you receive our reply.
- To proceed with the booking we need the booking form with full names and dates of birth of all the passengers.
- 30.00 euro p.p. non-refundable deposit must be paid in advance and will be used to buy the tickets. Click on the PAY ONLINE button at the bottom of this page.
- The balance is paid, and the vouchers are collected, ANY DAY BEFORE THE TRIP in our office, during working hours.
If you cannot visit our office, any day before your departure, we cannot get involved in your request.
Misunderstandings and mistakes, can be corrected, only in our office. You arrange this meeting.
- We stop issuing tickets, 48hrs before departure, or when there are no more available seats, which ever comes first.
- Cancellation policy: The 30.00 euro deposit is non refundable, except in the case of a strike of the Greek Railways' employees.
- The hotel that we use in our packages and you will sleep in Kalampaka is the KOSTA FAMISI Hotel
- The tickets can become open and be used to travel on another date, if your written message is received, at the very latest, 72 hours before departure.
If your message is received within the last 72 hours, the tickets are forfeited and no liability is recognized.
- Clients must get to LARISA train station in Athens or the KALAMBAKA Railway station, 30 minutes before the train's departure.
- ASTORIA Travel cannot be held responsible for any delays, or route deviation caused by bad weather conditions, directives from authorities, force majeure reasons,
and possible breakdowns. The Greek Railways always provide alternative transportation to the final destination of the passengers, with a reasonable delay expected.
- The highest monastery is 10km. from the centre of Kalampaka. When visiting the monasteries, be properly dressed.
- For the ladies, skirts are provided at the entrances. The entrance fee (3 euro p.p.) is paid in cash at the entrance of the monasteries.
- Right through the year, you can visit the monasteries using the local taxis, 10.00 euro/transfer, paid locally.
- If you want the taxi driver to remain with you and drive you around, the charge is 20.00 euro/hour, paid locally.
- From May till October, a local public bus connects Kalampaka and the monasteries 4 times daily. The ticket=1.60 euro, is NOT INCLUDED.
- Include in your program a visit to the ancient cave of Theopetra, +/- 5 km from Kalampaka. "The cave was inhabited since
the Middle Paleolithic period (a period that started 100.000 years ago!!!) Organize the visit with our taxi driver, locally.
- Take a walk and visit Kastraki. Find the Bandovas area, otherwise called, St. Antonios. It is worth it.
- Transfers to/from the railway stations are NOT INCLUDED. In Kalambaka our hotel is located +/- 400 m from the railway station,
- And if you want to get to Delphi from Kalampaka, the side trip can be done. Visit our www.toursmeteora.com/tours/option5.htm.
- Our office is centrally located, on Stadiou street, No 48, in the arcade of the building, Tel. 210 3250380 open on weekdays 10.00 - 18.00
- We reserve the right to modify the program in case of a force majeure or reasons beyond our control. During winter it snows heavily in the area.