You collect your tickets and settle the account, at least a day before departure
* Be at the LARISA railway station at least 45 minutes before the train departure.
* 08.27 - The train departs from Athens straight for
* +/- 13.40 - Arrive in Kalambaka and check in the hotel.
* 14.30 - Optional visit to 2 monasteries. Our taxi
driver is at your service, if you need him.
Visit the highest monastery, open on the day of your
visit. Follow the path back to Kastraki.
If you need him, our taxi driver is always ready to meet
you and drive you back to Kalampaka.
* 17.30 - Return to Kalampaka. Optional, sundown photo round.
Suggested dinner at the "Stagon Gefseis" restaurant, near our hotel.
* 07.30am - Have
an early breakfast, and take the path to the monasteries of Holy
Trinity and St Stephen's.
(I did it in 1.15hour with regular stops since I am not
the super fit guy). A walking stick is a help.
* 11.30am - Optional trip with our taxi: visit Theopetra,
the hermitages of Bandovas, and Doupiani church.
* 01.30pm - return to Kalampaka, and visit the old
Byzantine church of Mother Mary in the old town.
Find a nice restaurant, have
lunch, return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk
to the rail station.
* 05.30pm - Board the train and depart for Athens.
Arrival +/- 22.40.
Price: 68.00 euro per person,
departing 08.27am & returning
on the 17.32, straight itineraries.
ticket (B class) + hotel in double bedroom, breakfast,
our service & assistance.
Single supplement:11.00 euro Dinner: 09.00 euro Extra night in double:
Upgrade your train ticket to
A class: 12.00 euro
2 hours morning taxi tour: 40.00 euro shared by passengers,
2 hours Sundown taxi photo round: 30.00 euro shared by passengers.
Click here and see suggestions,
terms and conditions to do your bookings
- 3.00 p.p. being the entrance
fee to each monastery that you visit,
- Lunch, dinner and drinks in the train & in
- Suggested use of the taxi for visits to
monasteries, and sightseeing in Kalampaka.
and see all the options to visit Meteora, guided
tours and independent trips.