SEE ALL THE TOURS that visit Meteora guided or independent.
Take this independent tour and visit Meteora and Delphi in 3 days at your own pace.
Travel from Athens and back combining train, taxi, and public bus.
It took us a long time to build up a reliable team of partners and offer a well-organized tour at a reasonable price.
Enjoy unique landscapes, and visit monuments of great historical importance. Join the local tours organized by our local partner a) the Meteora Sunset Tour, and b) either the morning Half-Day Tour or c) the Meteora Hiking Tour and learn the history and culture of the unique area of Meteora.
The train tickets are offered in B class. Upgrading to A class costs 15.00 € p.p. extra
Departures daily, travelling on your own or in small groups.
See also the alternative tours:
1 day Meteora by train. Train and local bus tour from… 69.00 €
2 days Meteora package Train and hotel from 70.00 €
2 days Meteora “special” Train, hotel and 2 local tours from 110.00 €
2 days guided tour to Delphi and Meteora from…120.00 €
3 days guided tour to Delphi and an extra day in Kalambaka for 148.00 €
5 days guided classical tour of Greece staying an extra day in Kalambaka.
Day 1. Travel from Athens to Kalampaka. In the afternoon, visit Meteora.
* You collect your tickets and settle the account, any day before departure
* Be at the LARISA railway station at 06:50 and find your platform.
* 07.20 – The train departs from Athens and travels straight to Kalampaka.
* +/- 11.30 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check in the Hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 15.30 – Optional Sunset tour and after sunset return to the hotel.
Day 2. Explore Meteora in the morning and travel to Delphi.
* Wake up early go for a walk and experience the surrounding terrace, the flora and fauna of the area.
* 08.00 – Have a good breakfast at Hotel Kosta Famissi. You will need a lot of energy this morning.
* 09.00 – Optional 4 hrs tour. Visit at least 2 monasteries
* 13.00 – After the tour, explore the old town, see the Byzantine church of the Dormition of Mother Mary, have a light lunch, and return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and travel to Levadia, via Tithorea.
* 20.00 – Get off at Levadia, meet Apollo, our driver, and drive to Delphi.
* 21.00 – Arrive in Delphi and check in the Hotel LEFAS.
Day 3. In the morning, explore Delphi and return to Athens.
* 08.00 – After breakfast walk to the bus ticket office and validate your bus ticket.
* 08.30 – Visit the nearby archaeological museum.
* 11.00 – Explore the sanctuary of Apollo and the temple of Athena Pronaia.
* 13.30 – Return to the town of modern Delphi and have lunch.
* 16.00 – Board the bus and depart for Athens. Arrive in Athens at +/- 19.15. (Liossion street terminal).
To secure a booking, please, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 € p.p.
Our price is € 138.00, p.p. Accommodation with breakfast.
NB!! Since March 20 a 40 € COVID 19 surcharge increased the price to 188 € p.p.
(The trip is not organized for single travellers).
* B class train ticket from Athens straight to Kalambaka
* B class train ticket from Kalambaka straight to Levadia
* 1-night stay in Hotel Kosta FAMISI with breakfast in Kalambaka
* Transfer by taxi from Levadia train station to hotel in Delphi
* 1-night stay in Hotel LEFAS with breakfast in Delphi
* Intercity Bus tickets from Delphi to Athens
* Optional Meteora Sunset Tour (25 €). English speaking tour leader included.
* Optional second day’s tour (25 €). English speaking tour leader included.
On the second day, you may choose between the Hiking Tour and the morning Tour.
# Pick up /drop off in Athens. You board the train in the Athens’ LARISIS Railway station.
# The € 3.00 p.p. to each monastery, and the entrance to the museum and site of Delphi.
# All meals and drinks, except the 2 breakfasts.
# The overnight tax of 1.50 EUR per room, per night./li>
# Services of the professional tour guide.
The tours in Kalampaka are organized by METEORA THRONES, our local partner.
# Extra night in a double bedroom: € 24.00 p.p., per hotel.
# Upgrade your train ticket to A-class: € 15.00,
# 4 hours morning or midday tour of Meteora: 25.00 € p.p.,
# 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora: 25.00 € p.p.
# 4 hours morning hiking tour: 25.00 € p.p.
Client’s comments about the tour and our services
Yan_RN, Houston, Texas, Dec 15,
I booked 2 trips, One-day Mycenae-Nafplion-Epidaurus and the 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS – METEORA & DELPHI TRIP (no guide), from Astoria travel and was very satisfied with their service. Kosta, a very reliable gentleman, tried his best to arrange every detail for our trips. He accompanied us until we seated on the train at departure. He booked the same seat number for our departure and return train for us to be convenient to remember. Important is that I don’t think I paid more for this 5-star service. I paid less for the one day tour and for the train ticket comparing with what others paid. I highly recommend Astoria travel for Greece travel.
Astoria Travel (Est. 1958)
48 Stadiou street, Athens 10564, Greece.
Tel. +302103250380, +306932888585.
Click here and send us a message
In the footer of this website you find the “4 steps to make a booking”. If our offer sounds interesting send us the booking form.