CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora on shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Organising tours for more than 60 years we have secured the best deals in every aspect.
If your visit to Greece is too short, this is your chance to visit Meteora.
Visit Meteora and understand why the first hermits chose this location to create their monastic community and seek to communicate with God. See the 4 monasteries and the 2 nunneries, and visit two of them. Learn about the everyday life of the monks, admire their architecture and gaze at the priceless relics and treasures of the monasteries, a cultural heritage to all Christian religions.
When you finish with your sightseeing return to Kalambaka, have a light lunch, and board the train for your return to Athens. Arrive in Athens at 21:30
Price & Inclussions
The price per person for the tour to Meteora includes your return B class train ticket and the 4 hrs tour on the rocks.
– 1 passenger: Train ticket (B class) 78.00 €
– 2 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 75.00 € p.p.
– 3 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 72.00 € p.p.
– 4 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 69.00 € p.p.
TERMS & CONDITIONS to secure a booking. Deposit 40.00 € p.p. for B class ticket / 50.00 € for A class ticket.
– The tour to the monasteries is organized locally in a shared luxury bus with an English speaking leader.
SEE our BEST SELLER 3 days Meteora and Delphi, independent trip by train/taxi and bus.
INCLUDED in the price:
* Return train ticket. Pay 12.00 euro, and upgrade the train ticket to A class (recommended).
* Upon arrival you meet our driver and for 4 hours, you visit the rocks.
* Explore the area with a local, English speaking leader.
NOT INCLUDED in the price:
* 3.00 euro per person, being the entrance ticket to each monastery, and
* Your lunch and drinks in the train and while you are in Kalampaka.
* You collect your tickets from us and settle the account any day before departure.
* Be at the LARISA railway station in Athens 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Your train comes to the railway station at 07:10 am. Find your carriage and seat.
* 07:20 – The train departs and following a scenic route it travels to Kalampaka(last stop).
* 11:30 – Upon arrival in Kalampaka meet our English speaking driver outside the railway station.
* 11:45 – Drive to Meteora. Visit at least 2 monasteries. See all of them from outside.
* 16:00 – Return to Kalampaka. Stop at a local restaurant for a light meal (not included in the price).
* 17:15 – The train departs from Kalampaka and arrives in Athens (LARISA station) at +/- 21.30
To make a booking for B class train tickets you must deposit 40.00 euro per person.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 15.00 € p.p. is non refundable. In case of a strike the full amount is refunded.
Options to visit
If you decide to spend more time in this unique area, there are packages organized for 2 or 3 days. During the extra day, join a Hiking Tour and explore the natural beauty, first hand. Follow the hiking guide and discover the trails that the first monks used centuries ago. Discover the geology of the region. Hiking down (always easier) on the well paved paths from the monastery of Grand Meteoron or the monastery of Varlaam all the way to the village of Kastraki and Kalambaka.
If you think that the hiking tour is a difficult exercise, join the 4 hour morning tour and learn more regarding the monasticism at Meteora. Discover their cultural wealth and have a personal experience of this important monastic community.
Last minute bookings are difficult to work. Plan in advance and get the best seats in the train.
KSL13, Level 6 Contributor, TripAdvisor member since 2005, From USA
Kosta is an all service travel agent
I booked a tour to Meteora via train with Astoria travel at a significant discount from other agencies. Kosta also picked us up from the cruise port and took us to our Airbnb. He also gave us lots of advice about life in Greece. He knows so much! And he truly loves his job and he is proud of his country. I hope that lots of people use his services! I did not feel that he was exploiting tourist dollars, like most guys did. He is honest and reliable.
Travelling to Meteora by train is the most comfortable and efficient way. A smooth and scenic ride.