CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Travelling by train is the most comfortable and efficient way to travel. It’s a smooth and scenic ride through the fertile plain of Thessaly.
* Meet me at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissis station) at 06:50 and get on the train that departs for Kalambaka at 07:20 am.
Arrive in kalambaka at +/- 11:30 and an unforgettable experience starts. Enjoy every minute of it.
* 11:30 – Upon arrival in Kalambaka meet our driver outside the train station. Transfer to the hotel. Check-in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and at 15:30 be ready in the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (READ details of the tour).
(The pickup time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time the sun sets).
* Return to Kalambaka after the sunset, have dinner and spend the night in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local fauna & flora and at 09.00 you are picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up the rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.00 – Return to Kalampaka. Have lunch, pick your luggage from the hotel and walk 600 m. to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and depart for Athens. Arrive at Larissa Rail station at 21:30.
On day 2 you may choose to take the hiking tour to Meteora instead of the morning tour. The decision is yours.
PRICE with breakfast: 134.00 € in single room, 115.00 € p.p. in double room, 110.00 € p.p. in triple room. Child pays 80% of adult fare.
COVID-19 SURCHARGE: Following the Covid-19 measures the Greek Railways travel on 50% capacity. This resulted to the increase of the train ticket by 25 € per person. This surcharge must be added to the prices so long as the pandemic stays with us.
BOOK NOW: Fill and submit the booking form and start communication.
INCLUDED: (You travel on your own, not as a group)
- B class train ticket from Athens to Kalambaka with return,
- accommodation with breakfast in the 3* hotel Kosta Famissi,
- the arrival transfer from the train station to the hotel
- the afternoon “Sunset” tour, and
- the 2nd day, the morning or, the hiking tour.
- The local tours are organized by our partner in Kalambaka.
- 3.00 € p.p., the entrance fee to every monastery
- Your meals and drinks in the train & in Kalampaka, and
- The 1.50 € per room, per night “city tax”
EXTRA night in single room = 42.00 €, in double = 26.00 € pp, in triple = 22.00 € pp,
Upgrading the train ticket from B class to A class = 15.00 € extra p.p.
To secure your booking, read the terms and conditions and deposit 50.00 euro per person
The balance may be paid upon your arrival in Athens when you receive tickets and vouchers, or
if it is settled in full you will have everything attached to your e-mail address.
Railway station in Athens = Athens Train Station called Larissa train Station
Arrival station = Kalambaka Train Station (last stop)
The original train tickets will be handed over to you when we meet in Athens.
We suggest that you print a copy of your tickets
* Child price applies to children aged between 4 – 12 years old
This is your chance to explore a unique natural phenomenon in Greece listed as a UNESCO monument. Meteora is a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks host on their plateaus ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole of Christianity.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organized daily as an independent trip, meaning that you travel on the train on your own. No tour leader with you. Arriving in Kalambaka you are met by our local partner who organizes the local tours to Meteora.
Meteora is a rocky forest with huge Byzantine Monasteries built at the top of the rocks.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1-night stay, and a Sunset, Morning, or Hiking Tour!
Join a 3.30 hrs tour of Meteora, see all 6 monasteries of the monastic community and visit 2 of them to experience the life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 40.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.