SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora in guided tours or independent train trips.
This resulted in a surcharge of 25 € per person that must be added to the prices so long as Covid-19 stays with us.
PRICES: 87.00 € in single, 73.00 € p.p. in double room, 70.00 p.p. in triple room
INCLUDED:Meet and assist at the Railway Station in Athens
B class return train ticket and hotel stay with breakfast.
The most difficult thing is to find your seat. We are the only Tour Operator that meets you at the Railway station and helps you find your seat.
Extra night in Double room with breakfast: 24.00 € p.p. | in Single room: 35.00 €
Upgrade your train ticket to A class: 15.00 euro p.p.
– 4 hours morning tour of Meteora: 25.00 €, per person,
– 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora: 25.00 €, per person,
– 4.30 hours hiking tour of Meteora: 25.00 €, per person,
– 4.30 hours midday tour of Meteora: 25.00 €, per person.
- Transfers to/from the Athens railway station upon departue / arrival
- The 3.00 € p.p., entrance fee to every monastery,
- Your meals and drinks in the train & in Kalampaka, and
- The 1.50 € per room, per night “city tax”
See our “meteora special” tour. Includes SUNSET and another tour for 115.00 €
Daily departures traveling on your own or in a small group.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is your chance to discover the unique phenomenon.
The rocky forest with the Monasteries, built for protection at the top of the rocks, are UNESCO monuments.
The tour includes train tickets and 1 night stay with breakfast in the 3 * hotel Kosta Famissi.
You can add to it the local tours organized by our local partner, at special prices.
Select between the Sunset Tour, the morning tour or the Hiking Tour!
On the arrival day, you can explore Kalampaka. Don’t miss the 9th c church 15 min. walk from the hotel.
The Byzantine CHURCH ASSUMPTION OF MOTHER MARY
An important monument in Kalambaka is the church of Assumption, Basilica style.
It is located at the base of the Meteora rocks in the old city of Kalambaka.
The unique feature of the church is the large pulpit found in the middle of the church.
The CAVE OF THEOPETRA.
The Prehistorical Cave of Theopetra is located 5km from Kalambaka.
The 23.000 years old site is one of the most interesting archaeological sites in the area.
It is of worldwide interest due to the unique findings for two changes in human prehistory:
– the replacement of Neaderdal from the contemporary human, and
– the transition of the human hunter in the agricultural revolution.
Near the cave, you can find the Documentation center of Theopetra cave.
TO SECURE A BOOKING You deposit 50.00 € to help us buy your train tickets.
You collect tickets and vouchers, any day before your departure for Kalambaka.
Day 1: Travel by train to Kalampaka, and visit Meteora in the afternoon.
* Meet us at the LARISA railway station in Athens 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Your train comes to the railway station at 07:10 am. We shall help you to find your seat.
* 07:20 – The train departs from Athens straight to Kalampaka.
* 11:35 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 15:30 – Optional “sunset tour” of the Meteora (25.00 euro p.p.)
* 20:45 – Return to Kalampaka. Evening free.
Day 2: A day to explore Meteora.
* 09:00 – Take the bus or a taxi from Kalambaka and visit the highest monastery.
* 13:00 – After you finish your visit, walk on the paved paths, or, take the bus back.
Explore the old town of Kalampaka. Visit the church of the Dormition of Mother Mary.
Find a restaurant for lunch. Return to the hotel, take your luggage and
walk to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and depart for Athens at 17:15. Arrival +/- 21:35.