CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Travelling by train is the most comfortable and efficient way to travel. It’s a smooth and scenic ride through the fertile plain of Thessaly.
* Be at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissis station) at 06:50 and get on the train that departs for Kalambaka at 07:20 am.
Arrive in Kalambaka at +/- 11:30 and an unforgettable experience starts. Enjoy every minute of it.
* 11:30 – Upon arrival in Kalambaka meet our driver outside the train station. Transfer to the hotel. Check in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and at 15:30 be ready in the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (READ details of the tour).
(The pickup time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time the sun sets).
* Return to Kalambaka after the sunset, have dinner and spend the night in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local fauna & flora and at 09.00 you are picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up the rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.00 – Return to Kalambaka. Have lunch, pick up your luggage from the hotel and walk 600 m. to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and depart for Athens. Arrive at Larissa Rail station at 21:30.
On day 2 you may choose to take the hiking tour to Meteora instead of the morning tour. The decision is yours.
PRICE per person with breakfast: 159 € in single room, 140 € in double room, 135 € in triple room. Child pays 80% of adult fare.
The prices above, include the two local tours. You don’t pay extra for them.
BOOK NOW: Fill and submit the booking form and start communication.
INCLUDED: (You travel on your own, not as a group)
- B class train ticket from Athens to Kalambaka with return,
- accommodation with breakfast in the 3* hotel Kosta Famissi,
- the arrival transfer from the Kadambaka train station to the hotel
- the afternoon “Sunset” tour with English-speaking tour leader, and
- the 2nd day, the morning or, the hiking tour organized by our local partner.
- Transfer to/from the railway station in Athens
- 3.00 € p.p., the entrance fee to every monastery
- Your meals and drinks in the train & in Kalambaka, and
- The 1.50 € per room, per night “city tax”
EXTRA night in single room = 42 €, in double = 26 € pp, in triple = 22 € pp,
Upgrading the train ticket to A class = 15 € extra p.p.
Bed & breakfast vs half-board. Originally the residents of Kalambaka were farmers and shepherds. Their food was products from the sheep and goats. Next door to the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI there is a couple of tavernas. Try the “lamb on the spit”, the “exohiko”, the “splinantero”, the “kokoretsi”, and homemade fresh salads from their backyards. Ask them whether they have “mageiritsa = (tripe + herbs soup, usually prepared during Easter). Choose the bed + Breakfast option and taste the local delicacies, served in the local tavernas.
To make and secure your booking, read the terms and conditions and deposit 50 € per person
The balance may be paid upon your arrival in Athens when you receive tickets and vouchers, or
if it is settled in full you will get everything attached to your e-mail address.
Railway station in Athens = Athens Train Station called Larissa train Station
Arrival station = Kalambaka Train Station (last stop)
The original train tickets will be handed over to you when we meet in Athens.
Please, have a printed copy of your tickets on the train
* Child price applies to children aged between 4 – 12 years old
This is your chance to explore a unique natural phenomenon in Greece listed as a UNESCO monument. Meteora is a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks host ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole of Christianity on their tops.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organized daily as an independent trip, meaning that you travel on the train on your own. No tour leader with you. Arriving in Kalambaka you are met by our local partner who organizes the local tours to Meteora.
Meteora is a rocky forest with huge Byzantine Monasteries built at the top of the rocks.
The tour includes train tickets, a 1-night stay, and a Sunset, Morning, or Hiking Tour!
Join 3.30 hrs. tour of Meteora, see all 6 monasteries of the monastic community and visit 2 of them to experience the life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 50.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.