CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Travelling by train is the most comfortable and efficient way to travel. It’s a smooth and scenic ride through the fertile plain of Thessaly.
* Be at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissa station) before 07:00
Board the train to Kalambaka that departs at 07:20.
You arrive in kalambaka at +/- 11:30 and an unforgetable experience starts. Enjoy the trip.
* 11:30 – Upon arrival in Kalambaka meet our driver and go to the hotel. Check in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and 16:00 be ready in the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (CLICK and read details of the tour).
(The pick up time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time that the sun sets).
* Return to Kalambaka afterthe sunset, have dinner and spend the night in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local fauna & flora and at 09.00 you are picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up the rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.30 – drive to Kalampaka. Have lunch, and, return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk 400 m. to the train station.
* 17.15 – Board the train and at 17:32 depart for Athens. Arrival at Larissa Rail station at 21:30.
On day 2 you may decide to take the hiking tour to the Meteora rocks instead of the morning tour. This decision is yours.
PRICES: 87.00 € in single room with breakfast, 73.00 € p.p. in double room with breakfast, 70.00 € p.p. in triple room with breakfast
INCLUDED in the price:
EXTRA night in single room = 38.00 €, in double = 24.00 € pp, in triple = 20.00 € pp,
Upgrading the train ticket from B class to A class = 12.00 € extra p.p.
To secure your booking, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 euro per person
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organized daily.
This is your chance to explore the unique natural phenomenon in central Greece. METEORA are listed as UNESCO monuments.
It’s a rocky forest with huge Byzantine Monasteries, built for protection at the top of the rocks.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1 night stay, Sunset, Morning, or Hiking Tour!
Meteora is a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks standing as pillars reaching the sky, host on their plateaus ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole Christianity.
Join a 3.30 hrs tour of Meteora, see all 6 monasteries of the monastic community and visit 2 of them to experience the life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 40.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.