SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora in guided tours or independent train trips.
PRICES: 112 € in single, 98 € p.p. in double room, 94 p.p. in triple room
INCLUDED:B class return train ticket+ hotel stay in Kalambaka with breakfast.
Bed & breakfast vs half-board. Originally the residents of Kalampaka were farmers and shepherds. Their food was products from sheep and goats. Next door to the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI there is a couple of tavernas. Try the “lamb on the spit”, the “exohiko”, the “splinantero”, the “kokoretsi”, and homemade fresh salads from their backyards. Ask them whether they have “mageiritsa = (tripe + herbs soup, usually prepared during Easter). Choose the bed + Breakfast option and taste the local delicacies, served in the local tavernas.
An extra night with breakfast:
single room = 42 €, in double = 26 € pp, in triple = 22 € pp,
Upgrade your train ticket to A class: 15 € p.p.
– 4 hours morning tour of Meteora: 25 €, per person,
– 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora: 25 €, p. p.
– 4.30 hours hiking tour of Meteora: 25 €, p. p.
– 4.30 hours midday tour of Meteora: 25 €, p. p.
- Transfers to/from the Athens railway station upon departure / arrival
- The 3.00 € p.p., entrance fee to every monastery,
- Your meals and drinks in the train & in Kalampaka, and
- The 1.50 € per room, per night “city tax”
See our “Meteora special” tour. Includes SUNSET and another tour for 135.00 €
Click here and see the terms and conditions to make and secure your bookings. Deposit 50.00 € and…
CLICK and see all the options to visit Meteora, guided tours, and independent trips.
Daily departures traveling on your own or in a small group.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is your chance to discover the unique phenomenon.
The rocky forest with the Monasteries, built for protection at the top of the rocks, are UNESCO monuments.
The tour includes train tickets and 1 night’s stay with breakfast in the 3 * hotel Kosta Famissi.
You can add to it the local tours organized by our local partner, at special prices.
Select between the Sunset Tour, the morning tour, or the Hiking Tour!
On arrival day, you can explore Kalampaka. Don’t miss the 9th c church for 15 min. walk from the hotel.
The Byzantine CHURCH ASSUMPTION OF MOTHER MARY
An important monument in Kalambaka is the church of Assumption, Basilica style.
It is located at the base of the Meteora rocks in the old city of Kalambaka.
The unique feature of the church is the large pulpit found in the middle of the church.
The CAVE OF THEOPETRA.
The Prehistorical Cave of Theopetra is located 5km from Kalambaka.
The 23.000-year-old site is one of the most interesting archaeological sites in the area.
It is of worldwide interest due to the unique findings of two changes in human prehistory:
– the replacement of Neaderdal from the contemporary human, and
– the transition of the human hunter in the agricultural revolution.
Near the cave, you can find the Documentation center of Theopetra cave.
TO SECURE A BOOKING You deposit 50.00 € to help us buy your train tickets.
You collect tickets and vouchers, any day before your departure for Kalambaka.
Day 1: Travel by train to Kalampaka, and visit Meteora in the afternoon.
* Be at the LARISA railway station in Athens 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Your train comes to the railway station at 07:10 am. We shall help you to find your seat.
* 07:20 – The train departs from Athens straight to Kalampaka.
* 11:35 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check in at the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 15:30 – Optional “sunset tour” of the Meteora (25 € p.p.)
* 20:45 – Return to Kalampaka. Evening free.
Day 2: A Day to explore Meteora.
* 09:00 – Take the bus or a taxi from Kalambaka and visit the highest monastery.
* 13:00 – After you finish your visit, walk on the paved paths, or, take the bus back.
Explore the old town of Kalampaka. Visit the church of the Dormition of Mother Mary.
Find a restaurant for lunch. Return to the hotel, take your luggage and
walk to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and depart for Athens at 17:15. Arrival +/- 21:35.
To secure your booking, please, deposit 50.00 € p.p. in …. <! --more-->
Hani K, Ottawa, Canada, 33 reviews
I had a fantastic experience with Astoria Travel and Kosta.
He is very efficient; he knows his stuff and he is one of the best in his job.
He helped me plan a trip to Kalambaka and Delphi by train, private taxi, and Intercity bus.
He arranged everything and all went very smoothly like clockwork.
He takes care of everything, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
All you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy a well-organized trip.
His prices are very reasonable and extremely competitive compared to other travel agents.
I was in Greece the last week of March and the first week of April 2018. I definitely recommend him.
SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora in a guided tour or by train.