CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Travelling by train is the most comfortable and efficient way to travel. It’s a smooth and scenic ride through the fertile plain of Thessaly.
* Be at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissa station) before 07:00 and get on the train that departs 07:20 for Kalambaka.
You arrive in kalambaka at +/- 11:30 and an unforgetable experience starts. Enjoy every minute of it.
* 11:30 – Upon arrival in Kalambaka meet our driver outside the train station. Transfer to the hotel. Check in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and 16:00 be ready in the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (CLICK and read details of the tour).
(The pick up time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time that the sun sets).
* Return to Kalambaka afterthe sunset, have dinner and spend the night in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local fauna & flora and at 09.00 you are picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up the rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.30 – drive to Kalampaka. Have lunch, and, return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk 400 m. to the train station.
* 17.15 – Board the train and at 17:32 depart for Athens. Arrival at Larissa Rail station at 21:30.
On day 2 you may decide to take the hiking tour to the Meteora rocks instead of the morning tour. This decision is yours.
PRICE with breakfast: 134.00 € in single room, 115.00 € p.p. in double room, 110.00 € p.p. in triple room. Child pays 80% of adult fare.
INCLUDED: (You travel on your own, not as a group)
EXTRA night in single room = 38.00 €, in double = 24.00 € pp, in triple = 20.00 € pp,
Upgrading the train ticket from B class to A class = 12.00 € extra p.p.
To secure your booking, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 euro per person
This is your chance to explore a unique natural phenomenon in Greece listed as a UNESCO monument. Meteora is a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks host on their plateaus ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole Christianity.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organised daily as an independent trip, meaning that you travel on the train on your own. No tour leader with you. Arriving in Kalambaka you are met by our local partner who organises the local tours to Meteora.
Meteora is a rocky forest with huge Byzantine Monasteries built for protection at the top of the rocks.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1 night stay, and a Sunset, Morning, or Hiking Tour!
Join a 3.30 hrs tour of Meteora, see all 6 monasteries of the monastic community and visit 2 of them to experience the life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 40.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.